The Great Climate Swoop is coming to… Ratcliffe
As the camp packed down on Wednesday intrepid campers broke past the fences to set up camp inside Ratcliffe warning ‘Climate Camp is coming’ just to show its possible. But lets be honest the vote was only there to take the piss out of voting between 2 bad options (which of course we would never have in reality…)
Now the important bit starts, getting a huge number of people together and then acting together, all of us, to shut this monster down!
So what can you do now?
- Invite all your friends to join this event, tell them about it and get the excited and bring them on the day! Get a group together and plan what you want to do on the day. The first rule of the Great Climate Swoop is tell EVERYBODY about the Great Climate Swoop.
- Take this back to any green, justice, community or whatever groups you may be part of and get them to join in.
- Come to the planning session to work out what this day is going to look like. It’s at the Sumac Centre, Forest Fields, Nottingham on Sept. 12. This is where we get all the crazy ideas together (a penguin bloc, a stilt bloc, picnics, sound systems) get em all down on paper and dream how we are going to move beyond coal.
- Signing up for travel, we are planning how we are going to get people to the Swoop, we could be putting on coaches from major cities, standby for more info.
- A kickass speaker tour going around the country, hopefully stopping at your uni and/or city. If you want to host an event contact: info[@]thegreatclimateswoop.org
- New updates on the website (www.thegreatclimateswoop.org) to inspire you and get you all the important info
We are excited, and hope you are too, but there is a lot of work to do before October 17th!