The camp was designed around Neigbourhoods, which are places to eat and camp, with people from your local area, such as Yorkshire or the South Coast. As well as these areas, which each have a kitchen and meeting areas, there will be...
- Welcome tent: your first point of call when arriving at the camp.
- Children’s tent and play area: families have been a major part of the past years camps, and are always welcome.
- Solar showers and water-efficient wash areas.
- Legal team tent including professional legal experts to give you all the information you need to make informed decisions. There is also a team of legal observers who keep a watchful eye on the police and their behaviour.
- Indymedia tent: computers with satellite link-up for the internet.
- Media team tent: the base for dealing with the press, TV and radio. Last year journalists were given daily tours by the mediateam.
- Tranquility: basically security, but friendlier!
- Wellbeing: a place to chill out, and relax for the workaholics amongst us who just don't know when to stop, staffed by calm people!
- First Aid Tent: as you might expect…and we always liaise with the local emergency services so the camp is as safeas any summer festival.
- Big marquees for workshops and discussions
- Entertainments Tent: the billing is top secret until the night!
- Compost toilets "Can I see the toilets", "Yes", "Oh, they're far better than at Glastonbury" Helen Pidd, The Guardian, on her Media tour. Yes, that was the level of much questioning and subsequent reporting from the camp.
- By foot Take the A228 out of Strood, signposted Grain. Follow until you reach a roundabout with a left hand turn to High Halstow. It's called Dux Court Road. Follow past the Golf Club and the camp is on the left.
- By bike Join the Climate Caravan see above. Or work out a route
- By train Nearest station is Strood (from London Victoria and Charing Cross), then take our shuttle bus service which runs regularly from Strood to the camp.
- By coach Email neighbourhoods[@]climatecamp.org.uk and we’ll put you in touch with your local Group.
- By bus Buses run to Hoo Saint Werburgh which is about a one mile walk from Kingsnorth Timetable